Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Table loses its no-wrap property

You can still drag and drop if you select the table by selecting all the
rows or if you do it in Normal view.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Dragging the table using the top-left handle converts the table into a
wrapped table. If you want to keep text wrap to "None," but move the
table vertically, you will have to use cut and paste.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"hmm" wrote in message
I set a table's text wrapping property to "None" (i.e., no text to

the right
or left of the table). Then I move the table to try to get it below

certain paragraph. Instead, the intended paragraph appears to the

right of
the table--the no-wrap property is changed from "None" to "Around."

(If I
change the wrap property back to None, I'm back to where I started!)

Is there any way to move a table without changing the wrapping

property?

Another question: Is there any easier way to move a table than

dragging
4-arrowed handle at the top left of the table? With drawings, it is

so much
easier--just select the drawing then use the arrow keys (pressing

control key
at the same time for fine motion). Any insight on this item would

be
appreciated.

Thanks.