Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Table header rows and section breaks

There may be a way, but first we need answers to these questions:

1. How many pages is the table?

2. In what way does the footer need to "slightly" differ?

If the page were only three pages long, you could take advantage of the
three different headers/footers that Word allows you to have in a given
section. And if the footer differs based on something that's in the table,
you may be able to use a StyleRef field (see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm).

"Jen" wrote in message
I have a multi-page table, with a header row designated to repeat on each
page. The footer needs to be slightly different on each page of the table.
Now that I know the table is finalized, I want to insert section breaks in
the appropriate locations to allow me to modify each footer. However, when

insert a section break, the header row disappears (I guess maybe this

breaks
up the table into more than one table?)

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Jen