Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default Table of Contents - Level 1, Body Text etc

Define the TOC style to position the right-tab within the width of your
column.

"Fiance" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you for the instructions on a TOC for each column! I'm running
into another problem, however. The right edge of each TOC is not
visible - it "runs" under the cell border. I see no options for this in
"Insert/Reference/TOC/Modify" and there are no holders on the ruler to
drag the right edge of the TOC to visibility.

Turning Level 1 text into Body text seems to be a harder task. In the
example file

http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=htt...1/example.html

the title in the right column is Level 1 and the Outline Level
drop-down menu in the Indenst and Spacing Tab is "greyed out", i.e.
inactive, therefore I cannot follow your kind instructions.

Is there a way to make it active?