Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chris Thacker Chris Thacker is offline

Default Legacy Text Control Won't Merge in Word 2007

I have created a document that merges with an Access Database. In that
document I have inserted several 'merged' fields. In addition to the merged
fields I have inserted several legacy controls including a drop list, check
box, and text fields. When I merge the document with a particular record
from my database, then edit that specific document I find that although my
check box and drop list controls move over to the new merged document along
with the data from the database, the legacy text box is stripped from the
master document. I am able to insert an active x text field, and protect the
new document to be used as a form but am not able to format or control the
text box behavior so that it will grow with the amount of text entered or be
limited to a text only field, date format field, or a numeric only field as I
could with the legacy text control. Is there a way to merge a document with
legacy controls that does not lose the text box?