Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Manual Feed Across Printer Types

If you are using label templates you will need the automacros - see
http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm

Allison Orange wrote:
I have seen Suzanne B. mention that manual feed could be set for a
document in Page Setup:
"...On the Paper or Paper Source tab, one of the choices is usually
Manual Feed; this is a per-document setting, just like margins and
paper size. But your printer's interpretation of Manual Feed may or
may not make this a satisfactory option...."

I would like to set up label templates for each type of label our
agency uses and have them automatically set to manual feed. My
problem is that we have a number of different printer types and this
setting does not remain set to manual feed when I change to a
different printer type. Is there a way to do this, short of auto-new
and auto-open macros for these templates which would test for the
printer type and set to manual feed accordingly each time?

Thanks in advance,
Allison Orange
Florida Public Service Commission