Amedee Van Gasse

In , Suzanne S. Barnhill told us
an interesting story. My reply to this story is at the bottom of this
message.

In the forums where the Suggestion option is provided (mostly the
Office Communities), Microsoft has made a commitment to look at and
respond to the suggestions that get sufficient votes. Since AFAICS
very few people are voting for them (mostly they're not seeing them
but instead posting the same suggestion independently), I suspect
this will not happen anytime soon.

Suzanne,

According to the ng stats for the last 2 weeks, 49% of the people here
don't use the web forum, and you know very well most of the "regulars"
don't use the web forum. With a normal newsreader the suggestions are
just white noise.
I think it would be the "regulars" that would be the people who would
best recognise the possible value of a suggestion. But it's exactly
these people that don't vote.

What would be an improvement, would be moderation like on phpBB boards,
and people like you would be moderators and could make interesting
suggestions "sticky" to avoid reduplication. I suspect this will not
happen anytime soon. It would break usenet anyway, and a lot of people
won't like that. Including me.

--
Amedee Van Gasse