Daiya Mitchell

Amedee wrote:

According to the ng stats for the last 2 weeks, 49% of the people here
don't use the web forum, and you know very well most of the "regulars"
don't use the web forum. With a normal newsreader the suggestions are
just white noise.

I think it would be the "regulars" that would be the people who would
best recognise the possible value of a suggestion. But it's exactly
these people that don't vote.

Hi Amedee--

I bet that's 49% of posts, rather than 49% of posters, from newsreaders?
Interesting either way.

Anyhow, I actually do go vote sometimes, when I see a good one worth
clicking on. Once signed into Passport, I usually stick around to see if
there is anything else I want to vote for. The portal that allows
suggestions also lets one browse by suggestion, so every so often I skim
them and vote for a few. (I suspect other MVPs do as well and it could only
be an advantage if more regulars here did the same, hint, hint).

The suggestion wizard also tries to make people search first.

But no, the execution isn't perfect. The hijacking of usenet for this
feedback purpose aggravates me as well, though I think the general concept
of receiving feedback via public discussion makes a lot of sense.

Daiya

PS. This is a new mechanism, rather than an artifact from an old mechanism,
and I think the intent is to broaden it, as right now it's just Office
groups. The "this is a suggestion" tagline is actually an improvement that
the MVPs pushed very hard for, as otherwise the plan had *zero* chance of
ever working.

PPS. See here, e.g.:

Start with this site‹click on Make a Suggestion wizard.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/co...spx?Sitename=3