Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default System information in Word 2007

Hi, Suzanne,

Yes, the button is there and you can get the same information about the
computer, system, Office, and Word, but not about the active document. No
list of styles in use, no info on the number of sections, page numbering,
headers and footers, how many tables there are in the document, etc. It all
says "Not available". Take a look in both of the versions you run. (I'm
pretty sure this was not in W2002, and very sure it wasn't in W2000.)

Pam

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
It's still the Office Button | Word Options | Resources: About brings up
the About Microsoft Office Word dialog, which has the System Info button as
before.

A few years ago I stumbled across the W2003 System Info button on the
About

[quoted text clipped - 61 lines]
thanks,
Pam