Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Full Screen and Status Bar in Word 2007

I do not believe that you can make it fit to width. The size is based on
displaying two pages at a time.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Frank A." wrote in message
news
Look under the View tab for the "Full Screen Reading" option.

Its almost full screen except for a menu bar at the top. Except that now
it only takes up about 1/3 of my screen width. Is there any way of making
it "fit to width"? With the world trying to migrate away from paper and
all the waste it entails, you'd think they'd display it with more
practicality. Its as if 99% of the world still prints everything and the
view is supposed to exactly replicate the printed page. Its such hard
work dragging these dinosaurs out of the 20th century with their reams of
paper printed pointlessly, printing photos instead of investing in a
decent monitor, etc. End of rant....