Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to Install Greek language Characters to English UK Keyboard

Why do you need TavulteSoft? It's necessary for the scripts
(languages) that MS hasn't gotten around to putting into Windows yet
(such as Amharic/Ge`ez), but in Windows XP you just go to Control
Panel Regional and Language Options Languages Details Add
Greek and then choose a keyboard. For Modern Greek, just choose
whichever one you're comfortable with; for Classical Greek with
accents, you have to go with Polytonic Greek.

All the Greek characters are in some of the standard fonts, such as
Tahoma; Times New Roman includes Greek, but it doesn't put the iota-
subscripts beneath the capital letters.(Maybe this is why it asks for
the Proofing Tools disk.)

OTOH, if you just need an occasional Greek word without accents or
breathings (or final sigma), you can simply use the Symbol font.

On May 27, 11:43*am, StevenM stevencraigmiller(at)comcast(dot)net
wrote:
To: Geoplay,

Perhaps there is a new (better) answer for Word 2007, but when using Word
2000, one needs Tavultesoft Keyman. See:http://members.aol.com/AtticGreek/

Although the file is for "Attic" Greek, it works with any unicode Greek.
I've been using this for years and it works great. It allows one to quickly
switch back and forth between typing in Greek and English. I have it set it
up so to type in Greek all I need to do is hit Alt + z and then in English
Alt + x. But I believe one can configure this just about anyway one wants.

Steven Craig Miller

"Geoplay" wrote:
I am trying to type in Greek in a Word document on an English (UK) keyboard.
When I try to set Greek as the additional languagein my Regional settings, I
receive a message that Greek characters are not currentle available, and
asking me to insert the Proofing Tools CD to install. When I do this, nothing
happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.-