Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to highlight Text, but only print text not highlight

If you have Word 2003, you can protect the text that must not be removed.

"Darren" wrote in message
I am setting up a bunch of Templates. The Templates need to highlight

areas
that should not be removed due to regulatory requirements. So we want to

be
able to highlight to Users of the Template which sections or comments are
required for regulatory reasons and hence can't be removed and need more
thought\care.

We want to highlight them for editing, not when Printing.

"Jezebel" wrote:

There is no way to do this. What are you actually trying to achieve?

"Darren" wrote in message
I wish to highlight certain lines of text. When simply viewing or

editing
the document I wish to see the highlight to draw attention to the line

of
Text. But when I print I only want the Text to print (not the

highlight).

I can't find how to do this. I.e. I can format the Text and highlight

as
"hidden", but this obvioudly hides both the text and highlight on

Print.
still want the Text.

thanks
Darren