Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
leisel leisel is offline

Default Hyperlinks quit working once document is closed and reopened

I'm making Word documents that reference other documents on our server. I had
the bright idea to make hyperlinks to those other documents (Word and PDF
files) and folders. I select text within the original document, click "Insert
Hyperlink," browse through until I locate the file or folder of files I want.
Hyperlinks go in and work beautifully while the document is open (even after
saving). But once I close the document, and later reopen it, the links no
longer work and say the "address is not valid." When I look at the address,
it appears to have changed (many more ////s in it). Very confused. I would
really appreciate any insight. I'm not fluent in computer speak.