Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Can Word automatically send reminders on specific future dates

It wouldn't make any difference where the hard drive was. Documents do not
have a life of their own. Word has no ability to load a document at some
pre-determined future date and perform a task. Outlook however can be
programmed to do this. Ask in an Outlook forum if you wish to pursue it

..

eyedrequired wrote:
It's currently sitting on a hard drive. Would it make a difference if
it resided on a company network and the individuals are part of the
company?

Thank you for your reply.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It depends what you mean by 'automatic'; exactly what the document
contains; where the information about the 'individuals' is coming
from etc. One thing's for sure, nothing is going to happen if the
document is simply sitting on a hard drive somewhere. This is
probably something much easier to achieve with Outlook which can be
set up to perform dated and repetitive tasks.

eyedrequired wrote:
I have an MS Word document with a number of subscription renewal
dates listed. Can I code the document/dates to send (email?)
automatic renewal reminders to individuals?