Joe Lewis

Default footnote number restart

I can't restart footnote numbering on each page, but I can restart for each
section (using insert--cross-reference--footnote).

In my document, footnotes on pages 1 to 156 are numbered consecutively, 157
to 217 restart on each page. I would like all footnote numbers to restart on
each page. In print preview, they seem to do so. However, when I print the
document (using Acrobat Distiller v. 5 or FinePrint), they are numbered
consecutively.

When I use Ins-Xref-footnote to Apply "restart each section" to the whole
document the printed document in Acrobat and FinePrint does indeed restart
footnote numbers for each section.

However, I still can't restart the numbers on each page.

All my footnotes are in tables, in case that makes a difference.

Thanks for any thoughts on this!

Joe Lewis