As Charles implies, Acrobat 7 prevents Normal.dot from being saved. But note
that you *cannot* create your own Normal.dot. Only God can make a tree, and
only Microsoft can make Normal.dot.

"Gonzo" wrote in message
I just upgraded to Office 2003 (from 2000) and am running Windows 2000.

I am having a serious problem with Word 2003. It seems incapable of saving
or creating a new Normal.dot template, which means it never remembers any
customization changes I make that would normally be saved in this

template.

I tried reinstalling, repairing, updating on the web, deleting registry

keys
and such with the Support Template, but nothing helps.

I created a Normal.dot template by hand in my user Template directory, and
it seems to at least load that one by default, however, it still won't

save
changes to it. And if I rename it, it won't create a new normal.dot like

it
is supposed to do.

How do I fix this problem?