garfield-n-odie

Press Alt+F9 to display field codes, change the { NUMPAGES } field in
the footer to a { SECTIONPAGES } field, and press Alt+F9 again to
display field results.

monkey1964 wrote:
I have been reading these posts, the word.mvps.org site, etc. and cannot
figure out my problem. I have a document with two sections. The first
section has a footer containing "Page 1 of 6", and the second section has a
blank footer. I have been able to get the second section to appear blank,
BUT my numbering in the first section shows "Page 1 of 7" instead of 6. I
only want it to count the pages in the first section, but it's counting the
2nd section as page 7.
Help!