Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default "Lost" Word docs

Well, AutoRecover is specifically to prevent against "power blips" and any
other circumstance where Word exits unceremoniously. When you reboot after a
power blip and restart Word, you should be offered an AutoRecovery backup if
one was made. Recent versions of Word also crash much more gracefully,
saving your file in the process. FWIW, I have found that an inexpensive UPS
makes power blips much less traumatic. g

http://word.mvps.org

"cd_tx" wrote in message
ughhghgh are you sure there is absolutely NO way to set up auto save to
avoid
losing documents due to a power blip or something??

"roybaylis" wrote:

That really helps!!!! but I can't believe I'm the only plonker to fall
for
this, am I?
Have a great day.
Roy

"Dan Freeman" wrote:

They think they did make it clear. :-(

Dan

"roybaylis" wrote in message
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!
To think for years I have been relying on this - to no avail.
Ignorance is NOT (now) bliss!!!
Why don't Microsoft make this clearer?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no "autosave" in Word. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/AutomaticSave.htm

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"roybaylis" wrote in message
I have recently lost some Word docs, despite having autosave set
to 1
minute.
Journal was switched off, so no joy there.
Any ideas?!
Thanks a million.
Roy