Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JanAdam JanAdam is offline

Default drawing diagonal line a table cell

I would like to draw a diagonal line dividing the first cell in a table (the
one in upper left corner i.e., in the first row and the first column) to put
legends for the reminder of the first row above the diagonal and for the
first column below). I have tried drawing a rectangle with a diagonal and
placing it in the cell. One can do it with some adjustments to the column or
rectangle width (interestingly the rectangle shape snaps to the cell height
but not to its width). However, any change to the table formatting misaligns
the placement of my precious diagonal. Thus my questions:
Q1. Is there a way of splitting a table cell diagonally?
Q2. And/or is there a way to force a drawing canvas to fit a table cell
regardless whatever happens to the table?
Even if there is an easy answer to Q1, please address Q2 as well. (My wife
wants Avery labels with a graphic and text inside and has serious troubles
with the graphic canvas sizing.)
Thank you,
--
JanAdam