Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM ChrisM is offline

Default how do i put a word document in alphabetical order

It really depends on the pricelist, does it not?
I would agree that if you had a price list containing hundreds or even
thousands of items, or if there was a complex pricing structure then Access
or Excel could well be a better option.
However, if you had a simple price list with a few 10s of items in it then
both Excel and Access may be overkill to some extent, expecially as it would
be easier for a novice user to produce a nicely formatted pricelist in Word
than either of the other two (again assuming there was only a fairly small
number of items)

Btw, message to the OP: Did you manage to get your list sorted?

Chris.

In message ,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP Proclaimed from the tallest
tower:

No, Access is better.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
I would also add to these replies that the best place to create a
price list is in Excel.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"sam" wrote in message
news
I created a price list for my volunteer job and I am having problems
putting
it in alphabetical order. I have tried highlighting the document
and then selected table, then sort and it just does not work no
matter what I try to
do. Can you please help me? Thanks