Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Is it ok to print a Word document from a USB flash drive?

But it still has to be opened, and this creates temp files. Probably not a
major issue, but still a consideration. Some versions of Word, if fully
patched, probably won't permit it, anyway. I haven't updated Office 2003 in
over a year; I know I should, but for now I'm not experiencing any problems,
and I keep seeing reports of weird effects of the updates, so I've dragged
my feet. I do know that inability to open a file from a removable drive
seems to be one effect of recent updates.

You can probably get away with it as long as printing is all that you do.
That is no editing or saving.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Larry" wrote in message
Based on what is said in the groups, that it is not safe to work on a
document on a removable medium, but that we should copy the document to
the
hard disk and work on it there, I suppose the answer to my question will
be
no. But I just wanted to be sure.