Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Summer Summer is offline

Default How do I adjust rows independently?

You can go Table Properties Options UNCHECK "Automatically resize to fit
contents".
Hope this helps,
"Marvalisa" wrote in message
I had this same question and was hoping someone had an answer for me.
However, what I have discovered through trial and error is that it can be
done, but with some difficulty. If you split and merge cells serval
times,
you will have adjacent columns with different row heights. For example,
split a cell into three rows, then merge two. Now you can adjust the row
height to get excactly the row size you want. You may discovered that
merging and spliting different cells the possibilities are endless, but it
is
not user friendly. I hope this helps.

Marvalisa

"Adam D." wrote:

I am trying to make a table with varying data in each of the cells. In
some
rows, there is a greater/lesser amount of data adjacent to the cell I am
modifying, which causes Word to automatically adjust the length of the
adjacent cells, wasting precious space. Is there any way around this?

FYI: I am using Microsoft Office 2007: Home and Student Edition