Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default header and footer template issue

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for solutions to at
least some of your problems.

"Lenny" wrote in message
Hi,
I would like to produce a template in Word with our logo and address in
the
right hand corner and some other logos and information right across the
bottom on the page. I can do this with headers and footers but I then
can't
start the letter on the left hand side above the bottom of the header. I
want to be able to put a ref number etc towards the top of the page.

Another issue I am unable to work out and would appreciate some help with
is- I would like the headed paper template to be used on the first sheet
but
no other pages after that.

The reasons behind this is I want to be able to send PDF documents to
clients that look just like our printed headed paper. Ideally I would also
like to be able to print the document on some actual headed paper too so
the
background headings wouldn't print on a normal printer. Is this possible?

I am using Word 2003