Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Protect Header and Footer from editing

If a macro solution is acceptable, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...PlusHeader.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Dioshy wrote:
Hi! I have created a custom heading and footer for a Word Document
Template. I have distributed the template @ my work place and it
works wonders, but I cannot get the header and footer (the company
logo, company info, and other related text) to be protected from been
edited.

I have tried the: Tools - Protect Document - Limit formatting to a
selection of styles - Unchecked Header and Footer from the list, and
then enabled the protection with a password. This have not worked for
me.

Any other ideas of how to protect the heading and footer of been
edited. Thanks!