Berend Veldkamp

wrote:

Hello,

When writing a Word Doc with many technical terms I find the process of
having to right click each red-underlined "mis-spelling" very time
consuming.

I click each one and either say "Add" or "Ignore All". I don't want to
turn off automatic spell checking for the entire document. If there a
way to highlight a bunch of text with spelling errors and "Add" them
all at once? Or is there a keyboard shortcut to add the most recently
red-underlined word?

Thanks.

You could add these words manually to the file custom.dic, which (on XP)
is in "C:\Documents and Settings\your login name\Application
Data\Microsoft\Proof". It's a simple text file with one word per line,
best to edit it in Notepad, not Word (or in Word: Save As "Text Only").

HTH, Berend