Charles Kenyon

Ask and you shall receive!

Thank you.

I tested it in Word 2003 and it should be helpful. Might even be a proper
subject for a FAQ page on the MVP FAQ.

It repeated words, though. Don't know why, don't really care because it is
still much easier than going through and manually adding words to the custom
dictionary. I can take the list generated, sort it alphabetically, cull out
the duplicates, and add it to the custom dictionary relatively easily.

Again, thank you.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"JulieD" wrote in message
Hi

here's a macro that will list your spelling errors at the end of the
document

----
Sub print_sp_errors()
Set myErrors = ActiveDocument.Range.SpellingErrors
If myErrors.Count = 0 Then
MsgBox "No spelling errors found."
Else
Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdStory
Selection.TypeParagraph
Selection.TypeText "Spelling Errors"
Selection.TypeParagraph
For Each myErr In myErrors
Selection.TypeText myErr.Text
Selection.TypeParagraph
Next
End If
End Sub
---

not sure of the code to automatically add the references to the custom
dictionary - maybe some else has an idea

Cheers
JulieD

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
What would be handy would be a macro that would compile a separate list
of the spelling "errors" that could then be edited and added manually to
the custom dictionary. I wouldn't have a clue as to how to go about
writing such a macro, though.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

When writing a Word Doc with many technical terms I find the process of
having to right click each red-underlined "mis-spelling" very time
consuming.

I click each one and either say "Add" or "Ignore All". I don't want to
turn off automatic spell checking for the entire document. If there a
way to highlight a bunch of text with spelling errors and "Add" them
all at once? Or is there a keyboard shortcut to add the most recently
red-underlined word?

Thanks.