Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Chapter title and page number as page number in Word 07

You will need two Style Ref fields, one for the paragraph number and one for
the paragraph text. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"The John Owen" The John wrote in message
news
I would like to use the current chapter title (as defined by the most
recent
occurrence of Header 1 formatting in a document) as an element of the page
number in a Word 07 document I am creating. I can obviously do that
manually
by putting a cross-reference on each page. I can also obviously have Word
recognize how many times Header 1 has appeared, because that seems to be
what
triggers Word to increment the chapter number by 1. But how can I get word
automatically recognize not just the chapter number, but text contained
within the chapter title, and have it appear in the page number like so:

Name of the chapter here | 2

I'm not any good with Visual Basic, but I am happy to revise existing code
with offered suggestions and then play around with it.

Thanks!