Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
kaz kaz is offline

Default Copying styles from one doc to another

On Mar 14, 7:16 am, "Klaus Linke" wrote:
Hi Carolyn,

I am trying to copy some content from one document to
another (Word 2003). I thought the copied content would
assume the heading styles in the new document

That's what is supposed to happen, yes.

but it seems to retain the old styles from the first document.

Most likely, manual formatting had been applied in the document you copy
from.
You could use Ctrl+Spacebar (ResetFont) and Ctrl+Q (ResetPara) in the
document you copy from, to get rid of that manual formatting.

Regards,
Klaus

Hi there.

Thanks for the help so far. I tried these instructions but it still
doesn't seem to work. What I've done is modified the Heading 1 style
(and others). If I have that style in DocumentA then copy content from
DocumentB (which also has a modified Heading 1 style but it's
different than the style in DocumentA) which style would you expect
all Heading 1 content to be? It appears to be the style from Document
B but has also lost the numbering style on the way through.