Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Default Equation label caption

Hi C

C wrote:
I would like to set a caption label for equations as: (1.8) for exemple.
I mean with both parathesis (and including chapter number while numbering
equations).
I haven't manage to include bothe paranthesis in caption label.

There's no good way of doing this (at least not in Word 2000 which I'm
using here right now).

In your shoes, I'd take a look at the fields (SEQ) that Word generates
when you insert a label (use the predefined, say, "Figure" label
numbered including chapter number and hit SHIFT-F9, then read up about
SEQ to get the idea what's going on "behind the scenes".

Once you know which fields you need, store the whole construct,
including braces, as an AutoText or AutoCorrect-entry, and use that
instead of the caption command.

HTH
Robert
--