Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Default mail merging formatiing

Hi Kate,

If you want just $, with no cents, then use:
{MERGEFIELD CURBL \# $,0}
otherwise:
{MERGEFIELD CURBL \# $,0.00}

Pay careful attention to the spacing.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Kate" wrote in message ...
I am trying to do the same formating to allow my field to show as currency
and entered the following (fiels is called CURBL)

{MERGEFIELD CURBL \ # $0,00}

When I merge it still shows as 30 instead of $30.00.

"macropod" wrote:

You can do that by adding a numeric picture switch to the mergefield. To
achieve a two-decimal currency result:
.. select the Word MERGEFIELD and press Shift-F9. You should see something
like-
{MERGEFIELD MyData}
.. edit the Word MERGEFIELD to look like-
{MERGEFIELD MyData \# $,0.00} or {MERGEFIELD MyData \# £,0.00}, etc,
depending on the required currency format;
.. press F9;
.. run your mailmerge.

See Word's help file for more information on field formatting

Cheers

"registrarirene" wrote in message
When mail merging from an excel file to a word document, how do I keep the
number or currency format? It keeps merging as a number of varying decimal
points although it's formatting correctly in excel..