Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CharBhasha CharBhasha is offline

Default Help - Word 2003 opening trouble

Suzanne,
Thank you so much. It is working now.
CB

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...
If you have Norton AntiVirus installed, disable its Office Plug-in. If
that's not the problem, it's probably due to another add-in.

"CharBhasha" wrote in message
As I double click on a document file (.doc file),
Word opens with an error msg like this -
Microsoft Office Word
"The command cannot be performed because a dialog box is open.
Click OK, and then close open dialog boxes to continue."

But I can open the Word, then open the doc file from within the
Word without any problem. I have unloaded the whole Office
and re-loaded it back. But I still have the same problem.

How do I fix this problem? Any help will be highly appreciated.

CB