Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default caption problem

Hi ?B?ZGF2aWQ=?=,

2002

The captions for my tables and figures show three digits. (i.e. Figure
4-2-3) I don't know how to get rid of the middle digit. It keep popping up
for some reason. The first digit is the section number, the section digit is
the paragraph number or something, and the third digit is the page number.

No caption should be picking up a page number. Captions can only pick up
numbering information from Heading styles. In Insert/Reference/Caption, click
"Numbering". Which heading style is set to provide the numbering?

And in your document, how does the number look that's associated with this
heading style?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org