Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default StyleRef Formatting Frustrations

What's really going on is a bug. :-)

I finally located an old email on this issue and this is what I was told
when I reported it:

"The cause is a bug in a €śfont fix-up€ť routine. This routine is used when
dealing with Asian fonts. Asian fonts are different in that font
substitution is frequently needed as the fonts are frequently not on the
system, and also in that text written in Asian fonts frequently needs to be
increased in point size to look good in Asian documents. I know this sounds
unrelated to the bug you reported, but the bug is that font fix-up is
running when it shouldnt."

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"Lene Fredborg" wrote in message

Actually, I am sure the time I spent testing in relation to your question
will help me later. I have registered the problem many times without
taking
the time to really find out what was going on.