Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Default Find / replace horizontal lines?

Thanks. I've never known exactly what they were. Never tried that hard to
figure it out... but I've always been curious.

It just seemed to me like one of those un-figure-outable things like list
styles or bullets and numbering - things that must have some logic to them
but none that any normal person has the time or energy to figure out. :-)

Seriously, thanks for the info.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Sat, 3 May 2008 17:08:00 -0700, Eric wrote:

I have a file which has horizontal lines that I've created by entering ---
(three hyphens) plus Enter, which Word changes into a page-wide horizontal
line.

I'd like to use Find to find-and-replace them. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks.

No, you can't use Find for them. They're paragraph borders
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...RidOfLine.htm), and Find
doesn't have any way to look for borders.

If you just want to remove all of them -- and you don't have any other paragraph
borders in the document that you want to keep -- then select everything
(Ctrl+A), go to Format Borders & Shading, select No Border (make sure the
Apply To box is set to Paragraph), and click OK.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman