Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grey Old Man Grey Old Man is offline

Default Removal of redundant spaces

I am attempting a word macro to tidy up a large volume of text. I have a few
questions that I hope somebody can help me with.

The space bar has been used extensively to indent the text from the left!

I have used:

With Selection
.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
With .Find
.ClearFormatting
.Replacement.ClearFormatting
.Text = " [ ]@([! ])"
.Replacement.Text = " \1"
.MatchWildcards = True
.Wrap = wdFindStop
.Format = False
.Forward = True
.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
End With
End With

to remove multiple spaces but this leaves a single space before the first
capitalized letter.

€¦€¦€¦..Sentence starts here (multiple leading spaces)

becomes

..Sentence starts here (single leading space)

Any ideas on how to remove the offending single space?

Secondly, trailing spaces have been used in a table. What is the equivalent
to paragraph mark ^p or new line mark ^l when confined to a table?

Table text €¦€¦€¦

Thanks in anticipation.