Mr Curly

Default How can I remove the "full screen" toolbar in word?

While in the full screen mode in MS Word, the "full screen toolbar"
automatically appears and to my knowledge cannot be removed. (Any attempt to
uncheck "full screen" on the 'Tools - Customise - Toolbars' menu is met with
a stubborn beep and nothing more!) Presumably this is to protect users who
could get stuck in full screen mode (and who don't have the sense or spirit
of adventure to try the "esc" key). However, when you are using Word for a
live presentation, it becomes annoying. Is there any way to get rid of it?

Version: Word 2002

Thanks