The section break is what you're doing wrong. You don't need the section
break when you use "Different first page." When you insert a section break,
then the next page becomes the first page of a new section, so of course it
gets the First Page/Header Footer as well. For more, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

"JoshMandel" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a document in which the first page is vertically
centered and has no header/footer, and from the second page onward, is
vertically top-justified and has a header/footer.

I'm doing a page setup for the first page that calls for "different
header/footer" and vertical centering. Then I'm doing a Section Break

(NEXT
PAGE) and top-justifying it vertically. But then, when I look at my
header/footer, both the first and second pages contain a "first-page

header"
and "first-page footer." The first-page header/footer are marked "section

1"
and the second-page header/footer are marked "First-page header -section

2-."
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!!
Josh