Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I change word spacing (two characters) to (one character)?

In Find/Replace (Ctrl-H), type two spaces in the upper (Find what?)
box -- you won't see anything except the cursor moving over -- and
type one space in the lower (Replace with) box. Click "Replace All."
Word will tell you how many changes it made. Click "Replace All" again
(in case there were any sequences of three or more spaces), and repeat
until Word reports 0 changes.

On Feb 4, 8:24*am, Peter D Peter
wrote:
I have a word document which has word spacing (two characters), How do I
change the word spacing to (one character) automatically preferably? Since
the document is 70 plus pages doing it by using the "spell and grammar check"
is going to take hours. I'm using word 2002.