Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Elizabeth Elizabeth is offline

Default Autmatically change View

Thank you for ALL of your help! Yes, I think that a macro sounds exactly
like the solution. Unfortunately, I am not at that level, yet. Is there
anyone who can help me with this? I would GREATLY appreciate the help@! A
million thanks, E

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Elizabeth,

What Word 'watches' in Print Preview and Full Screen Reading view is a bit different than in the usual 'editing' views. As near as
I can tell Word is using the exact same command

ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom.PageFit = wdPageFitBestFit

in both print layout and print preview, so perhaps internally Word is doing something along the line of 'if page being viewed
changes then reset view to WdPageFitBestFit' and perhaps one of the MVPs who work with macros can write one that can do that in real
time. It's what Word seems to do when you choose Zoom to Text Width (there isn't a listing for that in the keyboard shortcut list),
that is, it's recalculating the size needed to 'make it fit' the current screen width.

You can assign a keyboard shortcut
Office Button=Word Options=Customize=Keyboard=View=ZoomPageWidth
that could be used when the page size changes.

By the way, you can edit the document in Print Preview (and Full screen reading view) if you turn off the 'magnifier' choice,
although you wouldn't have access to all of the Word menus/ribbons/commands.

===========
"Elizabeth" wrote in message ...
Bob, thank you very much for the quick reply. My problem is, I have a letter
size page and then the next is tabloid. Upon my customer's request, I need
to know how to get Word to "automatically" resize the view the page width
when you go from page to page. The letter size is page width; jump down to
tabloid and it automatically resizes to that page width. Similar to what
happens if you are in print preview...it resize each page for you. Is THIS possible?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP