WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Open File Default Directory

Sure, I can help you with that! Here are the steps to change the default directory that comes up when you click on the "Open File" icon in Word 2003:
  1. Open Microsoft Word 2003.
  2. Click on the "Tools" menu at the top of the screen.
  3. Select "Options" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Options" window, click on the "File Locations" tab.
  5. Under "File Types," select "Documents."
  6. Click on the "Modify" button.
  7. In the "Modify Location" window, navigate to the directory you want to set as the default.
  8. Click on the "OK" button.
  9. Click on the "Close" button to exit the "Options" window.

That's it! Now, when you click on the "Open File" icon in Word 2003, the directory you selected will be the default directory that comes up.