Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Grammar check!

There are many similar anomalies where the grammar checker and spell checker
are in direct opposition, especially when the hyphen is involved. Try
something like Northwest or Worldwide.

Terry Farrell

"Aalaan" wrote in message
Word 2000. Just found irrefutable proof of something I've long suspected,
and that is the inconsistency and self-contradictory tendency of the
grammar checker.

I was editing a document that contained the expression 'well-being'. On
f7, Word objected and wanted to substitute the two words unhyphenated. OK,
only one mention of the expression so no consistency problems. Let's go
with Microsoft this time. So I accepted but Microsoft now wanted the
hyphen back! I accepted again. Back to the original objection. Repeated
acceptances just left me in a loop. It seemed nothing would satisfy the
beast...