Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cooz

Default {MERGEFIELD"Title"} is now showing for Title merge field before

Hi Debbie,

Tools | Options... | tab View | clear the Field codes box.

Success,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"Debbie" wrote:

Previously when merging my fields are displayed as Title now they are
displaying as {MERGEFIELD"Title"} and the abc toggle will not switch between
the field and text eg Mr
The only thing I have done differently is set up a format/switch in one
document to insert a figure from an excel document.
How do I reset word to show the merge fields as originally displayed and why
would a switch in one document affect all documents?