Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
p0 p0 is offline

Default Bibliography - URLs are not converted to links

On 27 sep, 00:05, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Are you sure the box is checked on the AutoFormat tab and not just on
AutoFormat As You Type? It works for me in Word 2003, and I don't know why
it would work differently in Word 2007.

"John" wrote in message

I added AutoFormat to the Quick Access Toolbar.
In AutoCorrect dialog | AutoFormat tab | I made sure "Internet & network
paths with hyperlinks" was checked.
I selected theBibliography.
I clicked on the AutoFormat button.
None of the URLs in theBibliographywere changed to links.
Why?
Your feedback is appreciated. Thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you have AutoFormat set to convert URLs, then running AutoFormat over
selected text will accomplish this.

"John" wrote in message
Office 2007 SP1
XP Pro SP2

Upon inserting aBibliography, I notice that the URLs in theBibliography
are not automatically converted into links. Is there a way to do this. It
would be nice to be able to click on a link rather than copy the URL and
paste it into the browser. Thank you for the feedback.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

I could be wrong, but I believe that autoformatting does not work on
field results, hence it wouldn't work on bibliographies unless you
converted them to static text first.

Yves