Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Headers and footers outside margins

If you really want to print in the side margin (as Stefan assumed), then his
reply is correct (and see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm for more), but if you
just want a header in the header space to extend into the margin, you can
apply a negative indent to the header paragraph.

"Matthew" wrote in message
I need to set up a template for a book type of publication. I have wide
outside mirrored margins for the main body of the pages. I want to create

header that prints outside the main page margins. How do I do this?

TIA