Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bud I.

Default Deleted endnote refuses to abdicate

I "LUCKED OUT." Displaying Markups showed the deleted (sic) endnote. I
then deleted the markup and all is well.

I thank everyone for their assistance.

- bud -

Bud I. wrote:

Clicking on the Hide/Show button on the Standard Toolbar, didn't display
anything. The other endnotes had small gray boxes around them, but there
was nothing there. I inserted an endnote at the same place. The expected
number was inserted, but the next number was skipped. Deleting the new
endnote had no effect on the persistent, non-existent one. I also
enabled the include hidden text in the Print tab on Options menu to no
avail.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Perhaps it is formatted as Hidden? Display Hidden text to check on this.