Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Default how to create a index and link pages to this index

James wrote:
Hi I have a 259page document that has a index in the front of the doc , but i
need to know how to link this index numbers to that item so that if I add to
this doc and the page numbers change that the numbers on the index would also
change.

Look up INDEX and XE in Word's offline help. If your index is created
with these fields, they will update correctly.

Also, see:

How can I automatically generate an index in Word? (by John McGhie)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/CreateIndex.htm

Greetings
Robert
--