WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Example of an rebuttal letter for negative performance evaluation

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you with writing a rebuttal letter for a negative performance evaluation. Here are some steps you can follow:
  1. Start by thanking your supervisor for taking the time to evaluate your performance. This shows that you appreciate their feedback and are taking it seriously.
  2. Address the specific points that were mentioned in the evaluation. Be sure to provide evidence that contradicts any negative feedback you received. For example, if your supervisor said that you were frequently late to work, but you have records of being on time, mention this in your letter.
  3. Explain any extenuating circumstances that may have affected your performance. For example, if you were dealing with a personal issue that impacted your work, mention this in your letter.
  4. Provide examples of your accomplishments and successes in your role. This shows that you are a valuable employee and have contributed positively to the company.
  5. End your letter by expressing your commitment to improving your performance and asking for a follow-up meeting to discuss your progress.

Here's an example of how you could structure your letter:

Dear [Supervisor's Name],

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate my performance. I appreciate your feedback and am committed to improving my work.

I would like to address some of the points that were mentioned in the evaluation. Firstly, I would like to provide evidence that contradicts the feedback that I was frequently late to work. I have records of being on time for all of my shifts, and I am happy to provide these if needed.

Additionally, I would like to explain that I was dealing with a personal issue during the time period that the evaluation covered. While this is not an excuse for any shortcomings in my work, I believe it is important context to consider.

I would also like to highlight some of my accomplishments and successes in my role. For example, I was able to complete a project ahead of schedule and received positive feedback from clients.

Moving forward, I am committed to improving my performance and would appreciate a follow-up meeting to discuss my progress. Thank you again for your feedback and for your support.

Sincerely,
[Your Name]