Doug Robbins

It might be that there IS a corrupt table in the document. Try splitting
the document into two and then open each half. If one half produces the
same message, split it in half again and repeat this process until to
isolate the table that is causing the problem.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Ray Turley A+,MCP,MCSE" wrote
in message ...
When the users attempt to open a previously saved Word XP (2002) document
they get the error "A table in this document has become corrupted". My
network setup consists of a server running Windows 2000 Server where
templates being accessed by Windows 2000 Professional workstations on the
same LAN but this error also appears when the target files are opened
locally
on the server as well. According to Microsoft article 328232 this issue
is
corrected with the installation of office service pack 3. Office service
Pack 3 as well as all operating system service packs are loaded on all
involved equipment and rebooted as of today but still the error message
remains. I have also after verifying all service packs having been
installed
opened the target file and resaved it only to see the error message return
after attempted reopening.