Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EDC EDC is offline

Default word 2007 will not open files on double click

I have Office 2007 installed on my main computer as well as my laptop. All is
fine on my laotop, but on my main computer Office (except Outlook) runs very
slow and i can not double click on a doc or docx fille to open it. If i do,
would launches but does not open the file. I have to minimize word and then
click on the desired file again. If i do this it will open the file, but it
is slow and a pain to have to do this. All is well on my laptop however. I am
running McAfee on my main computer and AVG of my laptop, otherwise there is
no difference other than my laptop is 3 years old and my main computer is 9
months old.
I really need to get this corrected. Excell, poer Point, etc... is not
affected, juts Word files from a double click.