Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How can I insert BOTH a header and upper-right page numbering

If you want the page number and text to appear in the upper right hand
corner of *every* page put the text and a page number field right aligned in
the header view.
If you want the page number to appear on every page but the text to appear
only on the first page, set a different first page header in page setup and
put the page number field and text in the first page header and the page
number field only in the subsequent page header(s).
If you want the Chapter titles at the top of the page, investigate the use
of the Styleref field in the header.

Prof. JR wrote:
Some of my book editors like both a header (e.g., author -- book
title) and the page number to appear in the upper right hand corner.
This works fine in WordPerfect, but because Word reckons page
numbering to be headers as such I can't seem to format Word
documents this way. Can it be done and, if so, how?