mathstar

Default how do I print currency in mail merge doc?

Got it. I was trying to add the formating by using the edit function and it
wouldn't let me. Happy rainy day

"macropod" wrote:

hi mathstar,

A simple way to do this is to add a currency picture switch to your
mergefield. If you select the existing mergefield and press Shift-F9, you
should see something like:
{MERGEFIELD Contribution}
Change this to:
{MERGEFIELD Contribution \# $,0.00}
or something similar, then run your merge. See Word's help file for more
information of field formatting.

Cheers

"mathstar" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a mail merge document to send charitable contribution
receipts. I want to put the amount contributed in a spreadsheet where it
becomes a merged field in the letter. When it prints there are no dollar
signs.